Monday 18 May 2009

Arctic Food


'mmm wouldn't an arctic flapjack be just the thing right now'



I just couldn't resist a boast here of my food being eaten in the most northerly destination it's likely to get.   600 miles from the North Pole is Svalbard.  My son is currently on an arctic expedition for 3 months.  And, still desperately wanting to be nice Mummy and to have a culinary hand in making sure he is eating properly (even though it is dried rations rehydrated with arctic snow), I made my manly son a super sustaining flapjack with all sorts of goodies in it.  

Arctic Flap Jacks

250gms dates
100gms ground almonds
100gms ground cashew nuts
50gms pumpkin seeds
100gms flax seeds
50gms Cocoa butter
50gms coconut oil

Method
  1. Mix in the blender the dates, almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds to a pulp.
  2. Melt the coco butter then add the coconut oil
  3. Mix together the pulp and melted butter/oil 
  4. Press into a baking dish.  Allow to cool, cut up, vac pack and wave goodbye, reminding intrepid son to eat the arctic flapjacks.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh good on you Sarah! I do like flapjacks it's a sort of guilty pleasure, the store brought ones are always a bit of a disappointment thought so I should really try and make this tasty looking recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manic, let me know how you get on; they've only been consumed in minum 20C!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.