A colourful plate of tasty dishes
This is a 'mezze platter I made for our lunch. The surprising result was the product of clearing out the fridge, using up ingredients on the cusp of turning and just a few fresh ingredients from the farmers market.
Here's what I assembled:
- Roasted baby carrots in olive oil and fennel seeds.
- Smoked aubergine dip (see method below)
- Griddled courgette slices.
- Samphire & beetroot salad tossed with a little lemon juice & pepper
- Quinoa salad with dill and Iranian barberries
The smoked aubergine dip was as follows:
- Blister an aubergine on the fire until it completely collapses and is soft right through.
- When cool enough to handle peel off the charred skin, chop roughly.
- Blitz with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, some parsley and seasoning.
This is particularly delicious with middle eastern flatbread. Also goes really well with chicken.