Here's another lovely Christmas present idea.
I have made pistachio and cranberry also a batch of almond and fig.
- 300gms plain flour
- 200gms granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 90gms cranberry or thinly sliced fig
- 100gms pistachios or whole unblanched almonds
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar until pale and doubled in volume.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and add the cranberry and pistachio.
- Fold into the eggs and sugar mixture.
- Form the dough into an oblong about 30cm x 10 cm
- Bake in the oven for 30/35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Cut the 'biscotti' into strips and bake in oven until golden and dried out.
Store in an air tight tin for at least 2 months.